Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Pinterest

Do you search the net for cool images, ideas, or inspiration? I don't know about you but I always go to my 'google reader' looking for cool DIY projects, recipes, and design ideas. However, due to my scattered nature, I often lose track of which blog I found the idea and even worse, have no clue who to cite for credit. Pinterest to the rescue!

In their words:

What is Pinterest? Pinterest is a place to curate and share things you love. Think of it as a virtual pinboard -- a place where you can post collections of things you love, and "follow" collections created by people you admire.

I am still getting used to the process, but I LOVE the site and all it stands for. It keeps track of everything...who to give credit to, on which blog you can find it, and which images you have "pinned" or "repinned" thus far (the lingo will make sense once you have an account, I promise). One of the best parts about the site is they add a "Pin It" tab to your bookmark bar. So while you're perusing the web and come across an amazing image such as this:


all you'd have to do is click on the "Pin It" tab and it forwards the image and all the info to your Pinterest profile. hello, brilliant.

p.s. the image above was found on Pinterest which led me to the original source of the image here.

Creating an account was easy....I think it took less than 24 hours for them to email me my account info (you have to request an invitation)...and you must have a facebook account (they use it for login and friend-finding purposes). Oh, and it's free : )



No comments:

Post a Comment