Sunday, September 25, 2011

New adventures

Luce foundation center

In addition to teaching Art, I found the perfect thing to do to fill up my week.  I'm interning at the Smithsonian American Art's Luce Foundation Center (pictured above in hipster instagram editing) and it has been ridiculously cool so far.  There is always an artist talk to listen to, or an exhibit ready to view....the Luce Center is especially unique in that it displays over 3000 art objects and hosts events such as "Art and Coffee," "Luce Unplugged," and "Draw and Discover," to name a few.

One bonus is that I'll be able to share with you things I experience and events you could potentially go to (if you're in the area).  If you're not in the area, you'll at least be able to learn about exhibiting artists, performing musicians, and news from the museum.  I'm hoping that interests you as much as it does me :).

sc

No comments:

Post a Comment