Saturday, July 16, 2011

Just breathe

Lately I've been feeling overwhelmed.  Kyle and I have so much going on that I have to remind myself to just chillax.  Breathe and paint, right?  In this painting I tried to use the same color palette as an old geography globe.  I have an old elementary school globe in my classroom that I just LOVE.  It's even texturized so you can feel the mountainous regions, and the colors remind you of a vintage map.  The continents are a mix of turquoise and blue-green....the ocean a sky blue....mountains and desserts are golden and orange.  I thought it would be neat to translate the colors onto an important piece of human anatomy.  Excuse the analogy, but aren't our lungs kinda like a map to our cardiovascular system?  Without them, we'd be lost? (ok, I took it too far).  In all seriousness...our lungs serve a great purpose and they look amazing while doing it.  I especially had fun creating all the arteries, er...highways...heh heh he.

Okay, I'm done.  Enjoy the painting,


sc

No comments:

Post a Comment