Sunday, June 5, 2011

Weekend in pictures- Philadelphia

Kyle and I went to Philadelphia this weekend and I only took 4 pictures.  That is quite unusual for a typical trip but I suppose we were busy walking around and absorbing as much as we could in the short time we were there.

Our first stop was the Mutter Museum.  holy moly....hands down, THE strangest museum I have ever been to.  Pictures were not allowed (very unfortunate) because what we saw were things I (hopefully) will never see again.  Things like....an arm with a horn growing out of it......an elephantitis foot.....human leather....ahhhh I could keep naming creepy stuff!  I was able to grab the pic [below] from this site which explains a few other oddities that are housed in the museum.  If you're ever in Philadelphia, check it out.


Our next stops were Logan and Rittenhouse Squares for an Art Fest (again with the no pictures. gosh) and then to meet our good friend Nick for din din where we (Nick) destroyed a tub of mussels.  

Logan Square fountain

Nick lives in a neighborhood called Manayunk and there happened to be a huge bike race taking place near his block.  They were so fast I couldn't pull my camera out fast enough.....hence the pics showing only a biker or two.  


Had I had my camera out 5 seconds earlier you would be looking at a pic of 50+  crazy-fast bikers.  They were maniacs.


Hope you had a great weekend,
sc

No comments:

Post a Comment