Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy Henry Darger Day!


While visiting NYC over the holiday with Lauren, I was able to explore the
American Folk Art Museum. Thank goodness this was our museum of choice. The city was packed full of people because of the pending ball drop and the MoMa (directly adjacent to the AFAM) was absolutely bursting at the seams.

My love for folk art and self-taught artists were the reasons I wanted to tour the AFAM but I mainly had an urge to see an original Henry Darger!! I am just kicking myself, absolutely kicking myself for not getting up there sooner to view the exhibit showcasing his work. arrrg!

Anywho, I was able to see a few original pieces including this one and this one and that was good enough for me. Hopefully I will get to see more of his stuff in the future.

groove is in the heart,
SC

No comments:

Post a Comment