Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March is Youth Art Month!

Happy March to everyone!  Aside from being the first month to include a touch of spring, March is also home to Youth ART Month (YAM).  We're doing a TON of things at school to celebrate and hopefully you all can find the time to participate in YAM activities near your neighborhood.

At my school we're preparing for two art shows, both of which have back-to-back receptions (yikes).  I will share a few images from those nights throughout the month.

One of the exhibits is at our local library.  In fact, throughout the month of March in Maryland, you can find art exhibits at any local library.  Let me know if you do library art shows in your state.

I am so impressed with the artwork my students crank out....here's a sneak peak of what's on display for our Asian art show.



second grade, paper mache sculptures, China Warrior & China girl

have a great day,
sc

No comments:

Post a Comment